We may provide assistance in the form of funds, materials/equipment or employees' time and expertise for projects that fall within these categories:
- Education and lifelong learning projects which can’t be funded by local school boards and/or institutions of higher learning.
- Organizations or events dealing with the environment and health and safety.
- Community development projects that enhance community facilities and activities. Projects must be self-supporting in the future and reflect the needs and interests of a wide number of people (within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo only).
- Arts and culture projects or organizations such as theatre, concerts, film and exhibitions that further the arts, entertain or inform (within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo only).
- Recreational projects that promote health and fitness and organizations promoting amateur sports (within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo only).
- Science and technology projects or organizations that encourage partnerships and promote oil sands technology.